Senior SQL Database Developer
As the Senior SQL Server Database Developer at Cloud Assert, you will have the opportunity to be involved in all facets of product development within our growing organization. In this key role, you will take the lead in creating functional and technical specifications as well as designing, developing, implementing, and deploying databases using SQL server technologies to build and maintain latest real-time web applications and services running in Microsoft Azure. What you will be doing:
- Primary database developer by working with other software developers to ensure successful project delivery
- Enhance and drive existing database development operations and processes
- Conduct data architecture, design and code reviews and provide feedback on database engineering best practices.
- Design and develop database and reporting systems and subsystems while taking into consideration business needs, integration, quality, and performance.
- Assists with database monitoring, backup/recovery, indexing, platform upgrades, version migration, and new platform install/configuration.
- Partner with senior staff to troubleshoot SQL Server outages and performance problems as well as Disaster Recovery testing and planning.
What we hope you will bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent with 5 or more years’ RDBMS experience in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Working experience with the following core technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, Visual Studio 2010/2012 SQL Server Data Tools & Team Foundation Server. Any experience with SQL Azure is a plus. Expert T-SQL development skills including query optimization, stored procedures, views, functions and triggers; ability to read, interpret and improve query execution plans.
- Experience in analyzing, designing and supporting web applications that interface with database.
- Skilled in database architecture and design principles including relational database design, views, indexes and joins.
- Demonstrated experience in refactoring, testing, debugging, and optimizing SQL code.
PROVEN TRACK RECORD OF SUCCESS AND EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILLS ARE CRITICAL!